Saturday 17 September 2016

When You'd Not Prefer the Truth

My faith died several years ago. It was a natural death, no brouhaha involved. Since then, I've been loitering around the ocean of believes, trying to construct a raft of my own to get across. It's not always easy to loose belief, to become someone who's unhinged and clueless about your own concept of the world.

An American Indian was taught the doctrine of original sin and redemption with Christianity. The wise old man asks the priest, "If you'd not told me about this doctrine, would I still have sinned?" The priest says, "well you can't sin if you don't know about it."
The pained reply came, "Then why did you tell me?"

Nowadays, nothing makes sense any more. I preferred the certainty, even if it was false. But, I can't undo it and so, I have to swim in the currents of time. Recently though, I had a thought that even if we are all swimming in a giant virtual reality, the maya of the Hindus, the temporal world of the Abrahamic religions and reality is infinitesimally more complicated.... even then... even at the cost of living in the false world, we do have ONE real thing to hold to.

What I feel, what I've learnt, what I've experienced, they're all real, because they would've been real even if the world is only a virtual reality. Even in a game, you can do all of these and incorporate these into your grander scheme of moving on or whatever.

This thought in fact, gives me the strength to take more risks, to love more and to enjoy my life more. Because, in a world which has been termed false since centuries, these would become the only real things to care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment