Saturday 17 September 2016

Direction and Flow, the meaning of my life!

What gives meaning to a work of art? A friend of mine seems to think that it's the flow which does. Is life similar? Does lie also get it's meaning due to the flow that it has? I mean, if my life had to have a flow... then it would probably be a kind of distorted sinusoidal curve... or graph or whatever it's called.

The highs weren't that distorted, just the lows, they became even lower. That's how life works for me and every time I fall, I bales it on my inflated ego from the last high. Even more is the  guilt of enjoying what I had, without thinking about others. There's a guilt in enjoyment, the guilt of having too much fun!

That and that, maybe it's due to how my childhood was. I had a theory that the general direction someone's life is like their parents personality. The combination of their parents personalty determines broadly how events would shape up in their lives and how happily or sadly they lived it. I didn't have any proof for this theory, just an intuition, based on my own life, with it's ups and downs.

As far as philosophy is concerned, I haven't been able to find a unifying theory that would suffice for my entire life, reaching to it's every corner. Maybe, there's no such thing. We change and keep on doing that, making an over reaching theory impossible.

But, if I had to, if I really had to think, then probably I'd say being a stoic would've been a much calmer way of going about it and yet, what's the use of a dispassionate life? So instead of curbing passions, I would try and curb the tendency of getting destroyed due to these passions.

Direction- that's far more important than the speed. The wisdom of choosing direction is something I'd have to cultivate! For more than anything, it's the direction which gives the meaning and let's say it's the flow too, just to humour my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment