Sunday 9 October 2016

quirk or not, quirk!

should I strive to keep my individuality intact or change according to whatever situation life throws at  me?

I would conclude by saying that middle path is the best decision. That's my nature. I had learnt about the life of Buddha, which has always turned me towards the middle path.

My quirky nature, is always tuned to extremes. That's how I have been in all my endeavours. Today I finished 50 levels of a game ( AoD) and the day just ended. That's how I approach life, fantastically, passionately screwing one thing and then deleting it forever, from fullness of one impression to another.

This is not something that Buddha said.This is not what society has taught me ( at least overtly). My tendency to go to excess might have been caused by some psychological fixation. Maybe, it's a shout of help, for the love I felt I was denied as a child, maybe it's an escape from the overabundance of love that I was shown, as a child. All I am saying is that this characteristic has become immutably my own.

Should I embrace it? In an interview when they ask me about it, I would lie. I can't say that I oscillate between maniacal interest and disinterest to the point of disgust. In effect, I deny my real self to the world. This is a small example, but it is true.

I have adjusted in several ways. I feign interest when my friend is sad, to give him company, because I feel I have to be compassionate.

 I have, I haven't, I ... I, haven't I,  have I

When in Rome, do as Romans do.

In a world where survival was the top priority and Maslow was a weird name ( psychologist who gave theory of levels of needs), people adapted pretty quickly in order to meet their physical needs in various circumstances. Darwin pinned fitness to this ability, the ability to adapt, to change and to mould.

Our personality is in a dynamic relation with environment, forever changing it's countries,borders and from start to the end.. there is merely a story to bind it. Still, it is valuable to people. Even those who don't claim to be too indiviudalistic would readily protest if something is done against their personal ideals. We all protect our constructed egos/ our constructed selfs/ our stories against the other stories, especially the ones that merge with ours.

why?

Why do we resist change when Darwin said that this is the very thing that helps us, makes us fittest ...

What is an individual, if not a flowing continuum ? Then why do people often take a snapshot of some time and then try to make ti permanent for ever, have principles and rules in life? Become out of date and expire?


Is it better to be yourself and quirky or to merge with the emergent tide of times, become passive when in North Korea, become hyper when in North America, like a horse when in Mongolia, like a cow when in India .....

Who decides these things in a particular place? Tradition?

What is tradition based on? Moslty, I think it's practicality, the easiest way of doing things, of surviving. Taking a bath in a tub in Sub Saharan country during a drought is definitely quirky, but what if thats the story I've accepted about myself, that I am the guy who only takes bath in a tub...

Reality is still an abstract experience, what minds of large number of people seem to perceive. believing in that is again denying our own ability, deny our perception for that of others, when we are limited brutally to our own perception. balls would be needed to live that life, to always remain true to one's own nature and self. INconvinience is avoided by simply adjusting to the average of life experiences of the people around us.

take the middle path, even Frost forgot about it ( the path less taken)

No comments:

Post a Comment